resists!

Conversations about the Gaheris server.

resists!

Postby Theorgen » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:11 pm

So what magic resists can be lower here if any?
seen some templates with low matter. some with low energy and so on..
I know it depends on what you are gonna do but its for a pala and ill be mostly in nf on it and cant afford any really expensive items right now..
Theorgen

Re: resists!

Postby Taxie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Matter if you are not going to do certain raid encounters (like Nostoden). Body isn't as important on Gaheris because you are not getting mezzed by other players constantly.
Taxie

Postby Warriorperson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Theorgen wrote:So what magic resists can be lower here if any?
seen some templates with low matter. some with low energy and so on..
I know it depends on what you are gonna do but its for a pala and ill be mostly in nf on it and cant afford any really expensive items right now..

Generally speaking, Matter and Energy are the two you need the least. Glitter (a Gaheris-specific raid boss), Xanxicar and Nosdoden are the only monsters that really do significant Energy or Matter damage. Body's typically not that important either, but generally speaking you want to keep your heat and cold up at the bare minimum. It's not hard to build a template that gets everything to at least 14-17% though.
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby BiggehDon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:24 pm

So dragons and the si dragons go like this
mid gjalp is cold
alb gole is heat
hib cuuld is spirit
mid nosdodden is matter
alb xanxi is body
hib mydraxis is energy

fairly certain mid strength relic boss nukes energy and technomancers in lab, i have no idea what lab dragon nukes for off the top of my head.

If doing keeps and general pve stuff just running heat and cold is prolly sufficient but just for my own weird reasons i try to cap em all just in case, especially on my tic pbaoe and heavy tanks
BiggehDon

Postby Electro » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 am

Taxie wrote:Matter if you are not going to do certain raid encounters (like Nostoden). Body isn't as important on Gaheris because you are not getting mezzed by other players constantly.

There are at least 3 keeps that I can think of that AoE mez that's body type. Also, I tend to gimp matter on everything except tanks because if you're doing it properly, the only person in a Nosdoden raid taking matter damage will be the tank.

BiggehDon wrote:So dragons and the si dragons go like this
mid gjalp is cold
alb gole is heat
hib cuuld is spirit
mid nosdodden is matter
alb xanxi is energy
hib mydraxis is body

fairly certain mid strength relic boss nukes energy and technomancers in lab, i have no idea what lab dragon nukes for off the top of my head.

If doing keeps and general pve stuff just running heat and cold is prolly sufficient but just for my own weird reasons i try to cap em all just in case, especially on my tic pbaoe and heavy tanks

Text in bold is what I fixed. Dracolich (Zhulrathuul) in Labyrinth is also body damage. I generally try to cap all resists if I can. The only one I'm relatively okay with gimping is matter.
The name's Ian, aka Electro/Butchered/Saxona
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/Saxona
Electro
Sage
Sage

Postby Theorgen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:57 am

well I would never craft a temp that had any resist below 20%!
ended up gimping matter and only getting it to 22%
Theorgen

Postby Apocalyptics » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 am

The phrase I've seen used most when this question is asked is: "Matter doesn't matter"
The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Apocalyptics

Postby Siolith » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Electro wrote: I tend to gimp matter on everything except tanks because if you're doing it properly, the only person in a Nosdoden raid taking matter damage will be the tank.

Actually, it's good to have tic temps with high matter for Nos as well. Once they get out on the floor they'll be taking dmg from it also.
Pete

Guild Wars 2:
[WoD] Wardens of Destiny
http://wardensofdestiny.enjin.com/profi ... characters

DAoC (Currently inactive/retired):
Deadly Intentions
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/Siolith
Siolith

Return to Gaheris